Our team has been using MPE50™ since 2004. It is an easy, proven technology to temporarily increase in treatment capacity and to improve overall membrane performance. In short, this cationic, membrane friendly polymer is added neat to a well-mixed area upstream of membrane tanks. The impact is typically immediate, but the full effect can take up to the hydraulic residence time (HRT) of the plant at the time of addition. The polymer acts to bind up highly-fouling colloidal materials making the larger flocs that are easier to filter. The effect generally drops after 24-72hrs but can be maintained with a makeup dose. The M|MBR team can provide guidelines for initial dosage and instructions for simple tests used for optimizing dosage amounts.
Get the advantages of enhanced membrane performance:
Before / After
- Better performance at low temperature.
- Better biological stability to bulking/upset conditions
- Foam removal and prevention
- Reduction of polymer consumption in sludge dewatering
- Increases sludge age, with concurrent reduction of sludge production, with no loss of membrane permeability.